Most mornings, my go-to breakfast is a protein-vegetable nutrient dense smoothie. It gives me the nutrients my body needs to get my day started right.
But there are some days when I’m in the mood for something hearty. My favorite is gluten-free raw muesli which I soak in homemade vanilla milk to allow the grains to soften and the delicious flavors to develop. It’s an easy breakfast recipe and it hits the spot.
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats (choose certified gluten-free oats)
- 1 cup milk (almond or coconut)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts or almonds
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh berries
- 1 apple finely chopped
- dash of cinnamon
- In a blender or food processor grind up the walnuts and/or almonds. If you are using whole flax seed, add it to the blender as well.
- In a bowl or a large mason jar, mix together all of the ingredients, except the berries and apple.
- Cover and place in the fridge for a few hours, or over night.
- In the morning add the berries and apple.
- Add a dash of cinnamon (optional).